Hello and welcome to the third instalment of our WorkoutWednesday blog series!
This week we look at one of Hollywood’s biggest stars, Scarlett Johansson. The actress is renowned for her incredible acting ability as well as her excellent physique. She has featured in films such as Marvel’s Avenger franchise, Lucy and her newest role in Ghost in the Shell.
Scarlett’s training regime consists of a number of cardio, HIIT, bodyweight and compound exercises aimed at losing weight whilst also toning her muscles.
Her first set of exercises are as follows:
- 20 Speed Lunges
- 10 Reverse Lunges– alternating each leg
- 10 Jump Squats
- 10 Jump Split Squats– alternating each leg
- 10 Medicine Ball Slams
- 10 Lat Pulldown with Resistance Band
- 20 BOSU ball Hip Abductions (see video)
The above workout includes a number of bodyweight exercises that are great for muscle tone and definition.
The second set of exercises are:
- 15 minutes on treadmill
- 25 Squats
- 20 Bicep Curls
- 30 Shoulder Press
- 25 Front Kicks
- 20 Swiss Ball Alternating Dumbbell Chest Press Superset with Tricep Extension
- 25 Weighted Walking Lunge with Glute Squeeze
- 30 Band Rows
- 30 Butterfly Rows
This set of exercises make for a complete body workout. Almost every part of your body is tested by the exercises above workout, which integrates cardio and high rep compound movements.
Third set of exercises:
- 15 Diagonal Walks with Mini-bands
- 25 Butterfly Steps
- 30 Lifted Heel Squat with Tricep Kickbacks
- 25 Standing Leg Rotations
- 20 Cross-Back Lunge
- 20 Reverse Lunge with Dumbbell Press
- 35 Push-ups
These movements focus heavily on your core strength and balance as well as your legs, arms and chest.
The fourth and final set of exercises are:
- 30 Dumbbell Squat and Press
- 20 Bicep curls into Overhead press
- 30 Pushups into Side Plank
- 25 Pull-ups
- 35 Dumbbell Tricep Extensions
- 50 Stomach Crunches
- 50 Climbers
- 30 Reverse Crunches
- 50 Russian Twists
Again,3 these exercises are a great all round workout, which works your arms, chest, core and legs. The dumbbell squat is also another compound movement which targets multiple muscle groups at once, as well as climbers and push ups.
No one can deny that Scarlett Johansson was in incredible shape for the Avengers’ and Iron Man films and the above training programme is how she achieved it, along with following a balanced and nutritious diet.