In this week’s FridayFocus we spoke to professional sprinter Courtney Fearon about his inspirations, why he decided to start sprinting and his goals for the rest of the year!
1) Who are you, and where do you come from?
My name is Courtney Fearon, Born & Raised in South London…
2) Is there anyone who’s inspired you?
My Dad massively, with little gems of life lessons from a young age & Michael Johnson!
3) What’s your favourite way to stay fit?
Strength training coupled with HiiT sprints
4) When did you decide to start sprinting and why?
I used to race in the playground at primary school for fun. My 1st sports day in secondary school, I won everything I took part in, including cross country! Got picked to represent my school at the borough sports day and came 2nd in the 100m and 200m..I wasnt happy but I then got told I was racing people 2yrs older than me.
A coach Larry Garnham was watching and asked my PE teacher if he could speak to me.
5) What will we find you doing when you’re not training?
Listening to music, podcasts and trying to find something to laugh about. I also watch quite a bit of sport and I’m an Arsenal fan. (no laughing matter)
6) What’s your favourite part of being a trainer?
Seeing people change, not just physically, but seeing their attitudes to effort and hard work and their attitudes towards themselves is amazing. Often they don’t even see those changes everyone else can though.
7) Any fitness/life goals for 2017?
Main goal is to become a lot more mobile, via flexibility and be totally injury free.
8) Best piece of fitness advice?
Pick a process, and trust it for a while.
9) Favourite people to follow online?
@perform_better @Jamie_velocity @Kaisafit
10) What would you be doing if you weren’t a sprinter and trainer?
Working in event management, its something I’ve done on a freelance basis over the years and I like creating cool experiences and solutions
11) Have you always been into your health and fitness?
well from the age of 12 I have been, then it was just fun…There was definitely a dip in love after getting injured, but always been some part of my life
Follow Courtney on Instagram.